Receipt of copies does not convey permission to publish. Instead, we make copies available only for personal research (that is, we make copies available only under accepted 'fair use' practices). To publish certain materials from our holdings requires formally requesting permission in writing (we accept requests by email).
Please note that in exchange for permission to publish, the following apply:
- If you obtain permission, publication fees may apply.
- Use is always non-exclusive.
- We require two courtesy copies of any publications made possible through use of our holdings.
- We require authors to properly cite our holdings.
In your request, please provide the following information:
- Your name and full contact information, including address, email, and telephone.
- Author's name
- Title of work
- Publisher or location of publisher
- URL (if applicable)
- Anticipated date of publication
- Type of use (book, article, website, brochure, etc.)
- Whether the use is for-profit or non-profit
- List of materials for which you are requesting publication permission.
If you are also requesting scans of our holdings for publication, please review our reprographic policies and note your publisher's scanning requirements; for example 600 ppi b/w TIFF, 300 ppi jpeg, etc.
Authors will use the following citation format:
- Rare Books, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
- Permissions granted do not imply that Tulane University's Rare Books controls the copyright to the materials or that the applicant should not secure other authorizations prior to use.
- Patrons citing or otherwise using materials from Rare Books will defend and hold harmless Tulane University?s Rare Books , the Tulane Libraries, Tulane University, its Board of Administrators, officers, employees, and agents against all claims, demands, costs, and expenses including attorney?s fees incurred by copyright infringements or any other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from use of Tulane University?s Rare Books materials.
For more information, please contact:
Kathleen McCallister, Library Associate
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library
New Orleans LA 70118